Monday 9th October 2017
Thought for the day: Connect with the people around you.
With family friends, colleagues and neighbours. At home, work, school or in your local community. By staying connected and nurturing these relationships we feel happier and more secure, giving a better sense of purpose.
Whole school talk given by Rob Carley and Brian Kelly: Suicide or Survive
- Finglas Youth Resource Centre
- Five ways of wellbeing
- Walk in my shoes pop radio station for mental health week positive songs
Tuesday 10th October 2017
Thought for the day: Be Active
Go for a walk or Run. Step outside. Cycle. Play a game. Garden. Dance. Discover a physical activity you enjoy and suits your lifestyle and level of mobility and fitness. Scientists confirm physical activity can help maintain wellbeing and good mental health.
- TY’s attended the Zeminar at the RDS
- 2rd years Samaritans talk
- 3th years Drugs Task Force with R. Stafford.
- 5th years CBT Workshop with Oliver Smith.
- Art Lunch Club.
Wednesday11th October 2017
Thought for the day: Take Notice
Catch sight of the beautiful. Notice the changing seasons. Savour the moment whether you are walking to work, eatinglunch or talking to friends. Notice how you are feeling and thinking.
Visit by Jim Daly, Minister for Mental Health and Older People
- TY’s Pound drumming Aerobics
- TY’s Yoga
- 2nd Years Samaritans.
Thursday 12th October 2017
Thought for the day: Keep Learning
Try something new.
Rediscover an old interest. Sign up for that course. Take on a new responisibility. Setting yourself a new challenge and learning new skills will make you more confident as well as being great fun.
- 6th years Pound Drumming Aerobics
- 1st years Finglas Youth Resource Centre.
- Art Lunch Club