Data protection will refer to a variety of school records such as Board of Management records, personnel files, employment records, pupil records, attendance records, returns to the DES and financial records.
The Board of Management in complying with the requirements of Data Protection legislation undertakes to:
- Obtain and process information fairly
- Keep it for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with those purposes
- Keep it safe and secure
- Keep it accurate, complete and up to date
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and non-excessive
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose
- Give a copy to an individual of his /her personal data on request
The Board of Management will have in place ‘appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Electronic Data and against their accidental loss or destruction’ Section 2(1) (d) 1988-2003 Data Protection Act.
The use of CCTV in the school will be with proper care and consideration and within the scope and directives of the Data Commissioner as issued from time to time.
The Board of Management undertakes to develop, maintain and review our responsibilities under the various statutory instruments which relate to data gathering, retention and retrieval.